The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Unemployment is Over

In the middle of BaFungoo season, along the shores of a mighty dystopian future that is my laptop and from the land of the big Okeedokey at 5:30 a.m. on April 30th, 2020

Hi! I'm BigMike and you're not,

Some South Carolina mayors near the Georgia border were quoted yesterday as imploring their citizens to not even think about crossing the Georgia line, even if the mall is open because it's still too dangerous to do so. That is an amazing stand alone story that could be its own byline, headline, story and close, yet like the UFO stories that circulated yesterday, it barely made a blip on the what the hell is news anyway radar. To me that is completely I just had a dream about it stuff. Whew.

I understand but do not agree that the states are beginning to "open up" for business. OK. Factually, It also is apparent that large corporations and some meat packing plants are being identified as Covid-19 hotspots. OK. Some 60 % of employees and staff members are resting positive in this environment and somewhere between 2-5% of those folks eventually die. OK I get that. Seems very sad, but I can comprehend the numbers. They deem these places (as like the WWE wrestling business) that they are "Essential" employers. OK. Lots of pressure to get and keep these places open. OK. There is a Presidential Executive Order saying it is so. I accept that, totally brain all the facts and brain all the details. Brain, brain, brain.  I don't need to agree, however I do accept it as what is happening . OK. Also even if people are dying all around you, your job is to start back up again, you are allowed and expected to report for work so this essential place of business will remain open.I totally understand and comprehend all of that. No question.

Here is the part I don't understand and can't wrap my head around. For only one sub-set of people, You may be in the demographic that is dying from this monster, and even though that is true , and even though you are scared out of your brain, your unemployment is over. You get zeroed out and if you want money anymore and if you like eating anymore, you have to go show your face in the cesspool of germs that is where you work. If you die, you die. Oh well. It's only 1 % overall after all. No matter what. It's over, no more checks for you. Go to work and breathe a deep sigh of relief inside the plant that you still have a job at all, even if it kills you. On top of that there is comprehensive positive political rationalization for this point of view. That I don't get.

My state, the Great State of  Georgia , has dropped the part of getting your driving license where you have to prove you can ACTUALLY FRIGGIN DRIVE!! For the time being anyway, teenagers who are getting their license just have to meet all the other requirements and get a formal A-ok from mommy or Daddy that says they have met all the requirements (like 40 hours of road practice behind the wheel), and poof, You're a driver. What a time to be alive, the state is actually trusting its citizens to tell them the truth and then they put us all at risk based on the honor system.

What a day.

Jeff Spicoli said "You know we left this England place because it was bogus"
  1. Among other options, officials in each league are talking about starting to play sports again without any fans in attendance. None. No one in the stands. Football, Baseball, Auto Racing, everything. I dont see that going on for long. There probably isn't an owner alive who wants to foot the bill for their uber talented pro players, drivers etc, without a revenue stream to offset the cost somehow.I mean I can see how some of them like Jerry Jones could afford it, I just don't think there is anyone who wants to do it. I would think they would cancel their respective seasons first, except for their contractual obligations to everyone who depends upon fan revenue to support it. How is this going to work?  I'm so confused.
  2. Two big reporter goof ups this week. Two glorious examples of male dumbness too. One guy sitting there in his underwear for all the world to see. Another with a naked woman in the background (of his broadcast), and said naked woman was not his current girlfriend.

    I think I know how both of these turn out.
  3. Twitter users speculated this week that a stranded kayaker might really be bigfoot (Darryl, is that you ?). Turns out ...(sigh) that it was just another lost New Yorker who got stranded on an island in Jamaica Bay in Queens. Man , I thought we finally had something.
  4. A man in Phoenix AZ beat another man to death after he was told that the man had allegedly tried to attack his teenage daughter in the bathroom of a Quik Trip gas station. Apparently he tried to break into the stall she was in , and attempted to accost the man's daughter. The father was told about it, he caught up to the guy in the parking lot trying to scurry away and the father beat the absolute holy crap out of the guy and apparently he died in a hospital later. The father has been charged with 2nd degree murder.

    I can completely understand the father's actions. I'm not sure I would have prosecuted him had I been the district attorney.
  5. Finally, this story from the Ripley's believe it or not website.

    The most expensive coffee in the world is made with the help of Cat poop. That's right, cat poop. Folks pay very good money for a cup of coffee made this way and say the taste is smooth, luscious , mellow and delicious. I have a lot of details, but for the sake of brevity I'll just put a link to the story and let you decide whether or not to read it.

    One cup is about $90, Prices range from $180- $ 600 per pound.

    Expensive Coffee made with Cat Poop - Click the link

    I like coffee as much as the next guy but .....shit.

    BigMike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.