The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

You are grounded go to your room and stay there

5:31 a.m. on April 14th, 2020

(3.2 decades after the birth of a certain blonde haired beauty)

Please look directly into the flashy thingy:

  • You get to stay up late and eat cake and play video games all you want.
  • All your homework is already done
  • We aint doing math the common core way no more cause that stuff is dumb

I am developing the habit of writing this blog post every morning after I've had a cup or two of coffee. I've taken the advice of a friend of mine who just told me to make it a routine , stick to it and the subjects would flow out of me like they were designed that way. I have no way to know if the advice was any good, whether the posts or the writing is any good, how well it is received or not , whether or not any of it makes any sense and a lot of other things, however they may be correct. I have made it a routine and the topics just fall out of me like it was designed that way. Sometimes I keep pretty detailed notes to get me started, sometimes just a line or two and sometimes just a one word prompt.  The topics come from my head, the news, the MSM , or from one of the other sources I read all the time. Nothing is single sourced and this in itself doesn't qualify as news, It's usually just my opinion and my spin on somebody else's story.

Here's hoping I don't bore you back to sleep. I think I'm going to at least keep this up through the pandemic and then based on the feedback I receive (or the lack of it) , over time I may continue or not. We shall see. What a presumption huh? Presuming anyone actually reads my posts without regard to how witty or clever I think they are, presuming there is memorable content within it that would keep you wanting more or presuming the engagement is enough so that you at the very minimum would finish the current post. I think that's called Chutzpah.

If you presume the writing is thoughtful you may even get the desire to write a few more.Maybe that's how you get started writing, by presuming there is somewhat of a market for your content and then banging away until you determine the market and advancing beyond the current methods until you develop a style or content that either works or it doesn't. What a weird chancy stress filled hobby.

Well, I don't feel any stress yet, this is more like talking and lord knows I can't shut up.

How do writers ignore the rejection anyhow?
  1. There is a huge problem right now beyond the pandemic and the bad weather of the last few days that really , no one is reporting on or talking about. We have a big, fat , gaping hole in our actual food supply. In the stuff we buy every week from the grocery store. The problem is that even though everybody is at home, eating all the time, No one is eating out in anywhere the same numbers we did before the pandemic. There is a whole commercial market out there that is comprised of everything from meat and dairy processors to roadside vegetable sales stands to farmers markets, to warehouses to industrial farm and slaughterhouse operations that are wasting tons and tons of food.

    I touched on this the other day, however it bears mentioning again as a warning , because of this loss and the way it is decimating the commercial food market, millions of pounds of food is being plowed back into the ground, millions of gallons of dairy is going to waste. After this is all over the time required to put this back together is going to lag behind the need by about 12-18 months.

    You know what happens to pricing when supply is way more than the demand for it? That's right the prices fall. Look at gas prices right now. What do you think is going to happen to food prices when the commercial operations that can recover begin to place orders and the demand then outstrips the ability of the processors to deliver it? Whoa buddy look out. You ain't seen high prices like you are going to in 18 months or so.

    Here comes the next disaster.
  2. Don't get old. There is no manual, there are no quick fixes. Go to the doctor when you are young. Take care of your back, your legs, your ankles and your knees. I wish I would have followed this advice. All of my joints are falling apart and everyone of them is bad and now I have a new problem with major right hip pain problem It was bad enough that they sent me for an Ultrasound of my whole right leg to just be sure I didn't have a blood clot. Man I am sick of pain, problems, doctors, disabilities and limitations. 

    I can't play any sport at all anymore. I cannot run, I can barely walk, I use a cane and 2 different wheelchairs, can't throw a ball, cannot hit a ball of any kind, can't play basketball, can't play golf. Nothing. I know this sounds like complaining but actually I'm just trying to warn you to take better care of yourself.

    We are not indestructible. This sucks real bad.
  3. I sometimes go back and read my posts days later after I have posted them. I have found that in my natural rhythms and in my idiopathic way of expressing myself I have a tendency to use slang, to contract my language to the point where it may be unrecognizable. I use generational language that self identifies me and then I also curse. I curse a lot. I curse to the point where it sounds like the snap of a snare drum in the foreground of my language. I wonder why that is? It is not a conscious thing. When it is conscious decision my language immediately cleans up and looks like it was written by a technical writer explaining a scientific principle. It swings wildly the other way instead of being natural and free flowing. I wonder why that is? My mother always told me that "Cursing just identified you as someone with no command of the language." She might have been correct.
  4. I wonder if anyone thinks about the past few decades as much as I do? I mean I wonder if it natural to want to chronicle as much about my mutual past as I seem to. A friend told me when I mentioned something about this the other day that I was talking about 15 years ago like it was yesterday and he could hardly remember what I was talking about. I didn't bother to tell him that the only reason it was only 15 years ago was because that is where our history began and converged.

    With other folks it's a lot longer back and some of it is a fresh as when it happened in my brain. He said, he wiggled, he wondered.

    There are eras of folks that I have long term seeming "fresh" memories of and I sometimes confuse one era with another. I forget for example where someone I am talking to fits with this structure. Not an Alzheimer's forget kind of way, just I can't remember whether you are a pre I went to work in Florida or a Post I went to work in Florida person. Knowing that tiny factoid determines where you fit and who you know. Sometimes I will miss identify the era and will get a strange look from someone as they say who are you talking about? It is a tad bit embarrassing, he said, he blurted , he smiled.
  5. We are going to research and identify the proper kind of storm shelter to have and then we are going to get one. I'm am not cowering in the hallway anymore. Anyone have any experience in "safe rooms" or "storm rooms" you would like to share. I do not have a garage so I cannot get one like that. We do have a 3 foot crawl space.

    Anyway, until the next time the sun rises and sets,

    BigMike







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.