The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Monday, April 27, 2020

A boat owner has 2 happy days

Monday 04/27/2020 at 5:00 a.m.

Welcome to the elimination chamber,

It's sort of funny to me. I giggle to myself, and that's odd enough. You see I write this blog about every morning now and developed the format you see which is supposed to be a  header with the date and time for continuity, a greeting that is just different enough every day and is  styled after the Simpsons couch gag in their opening scene. You know, it's always there, it's always about the same thing, yet is different and varied enough you can see the difference each time if you read it daily, then I write a few paragraphs of free form on whatever subject and then close with a top 5 list that is styled after the David Letterman show top ten lists that is supposed to be this wry , humorous see ya.

I set it up like this to supposedly make it easier to produce. I'm really not sure that it does, but once I learned the format and how to replicate it every day, it wasn't hard to get them to look the same. If this were a newspaper or a professional publication, that would be a typesetters job or at the very least it wouldn't be the job of the writer. I enjoy it so I'm not complaining, but I am explaining how I came up with this or why I do it the way I do. Being as that only 20 - 25 people actually read the blog every day, I'm confident that it probably doesn't matter one way or the other to anyone but me anyway.

As my older brother Clyde Jr., would have said, such is life.

I made the decision several months ago to eliminate political discussions and political opinions from my blog altogether. I think I did that for good and sufficient reasons.

First it's my conclusion
, based on social media feedback and other commentary and what I observe elsewhere, nobody really wants to hear a differing opinion than theirs about politics. Whatever your party or candidate affiliation, there is seemingly no toleration for parties or candidates of an opposing party. Having a opposite opinion only serves to disenfranchise potential readership and alienates people you would even call friends, if they took it personally, and oddly enough some do. Its weird. 

Second and most Important to recognize
- It is a different world nowadays, and political discourse has devolved into insults and threats and denial. Instead of debate, we mud sling, curse, threaten and then block on social media. That only serves to narrow an already narrow viewpoint that I really don't want to jump into anymore. It seems as if people are looking for messiahs, and even if the messiah is a pig that wallows in the mud, it's ok to wallow in the mud as long as the mud is filled with like minded pigs. I can't do it. I wouldn't have many friends left.

Oh well, Next subject.

They say a boat owner has two happiest days of their life when owning a boat. It's the day you buy it and the day you sell it. I'm not sure if that's really true however it is true that I missed the entire season last year because the boat needs repairs (renovations) and I put it off until the season was over. This year I am going to try real hard to finish the renovation and get it back in the water. That is my next big project and is probably going to consume most of May, if it ever stops raining long enough that is. I'm only stating facts however because a drought is much worse than too much rain. Having experienced droughts somewhat, I really don't want to go through it again, cross my heart. I have wiring, painting, finishing touches and hardware replacements to complete before putting it in the water again, and I think if i apply myself I may be able to get it done, maybe. If not there is always next year. There is always next year. I have everything I need except a capable body that doesn't hurt all the time and the ability to stand up. There is a lot of value in the phrase "Go figure it out".

Observations while walking at a 45 degree angle

  1. Right now I think that the TV show "Killing Eve" is the best show on television. I realize that is only my opinion and isn't a scientific conclusion and it is not empirically based. I do know when it is on, on what channel and what all the characters names are, as well as the 2 main actors actual names. That is a huge accomplishment for me because I usually don't know any of that. Usually I know the name of the show and maybe if I'm lucky I might know a tiny bit about the actors. It may not finish it's run on TV like this in my mind, but right now, it is compelling and I like it.

    Based on that criteria however I'm certain it is going to get cancelled.

    Every single show I think is good and is compelling always gets cancelled. The latest one to bite the dust was called "Deputy" on FOX. Cancelled after one season. I've decided to give in to my baser instincts and to childishly boycott new shows on FOX from now on. I'm not going to invest any more time into trying to like one of their shows, because they will just pull the rug out from under me again anyhow.

    Even Charlie Brown eventually gave up letting Lucy hold the football.
  2. Once upon a time there was a car company called AMC (American Motors Corporation), they were the afterbirth of a marriage that absorbed American Rambler. I've had two Rambler style vehicles in my life, One pre merger and one post merger, with the first being almost 50 years ago that was a 1966 Rambler American with a 198 cubic inch straight six and a staggering 128 HP. The shifter was a 3 on the tree! This thing was the first car I ever had, and my Dad gave to me after he wore it out.

    1966 Rambler American Pics and Specs - Click the link
    1980 AMC Gremlin Levi Edition - Click the link

    The other one was a 1980 AMC Gremlin, where the trim and the seat covers were 100 % denim. It was badass and the first new off the lot, from the showroom car that I ever bought. I think my monthly payment was about $88. It got destroyed 6 months after I got it by being backed over the top of in a c-store parking lot during a furious snowstorm, by this fatass c-store manager woman, and even though it was repaired, it was never the same. It's funny how what made us happy back then through the lens of youth, makes us laugh today because both of them were absolute pieces of SHIT.
  3. In both Guardians of the Galaxy movies, why is that everybody seems to be able to understand Groot, and how can he mean so many different things when all he ever says (except for one time), is "I am Groot"? You never see translators, not everybody is a god , like Star Lord or Thor in the second movie, yet everyone seems to be able to understand everything he says. The only time in either movie where it even made close to sense is when he said "We are Groot". That even my dumbass understood. I don't get it. The genius of movies I guess.
  4. You know the show Duck Dynasty? Well over the weekend somebody shot up Willie Robertson's house. Some young guy in a pickup sprayed the house with rifle shells from the cab of his pickup, I guess from the road. It didn't say whether he was driving or not but from the story it appears no one was hurt. I wonder why? Guess the beards pissed him off.
  5. And now for a glorious finish, the ancestral home of MS-13, the country of El Salvador has authorized their police and military forces to use deadly force when going against or arresting gangs like the aforementioned one. I guess they still have to be provoked with resistance, and IMHO that's a damn shame. Those people wreak so much havoc and kill so many innocent people they should just exterminate them if they won't submit to the will of society. I rarely say things like that, however I really don't think these guys have much in the way of redeeming value to society.


    Ok, so how about a drive ? 0-60 on the 1/4 mile in 18 seconds flat.

    Who is game? Bring it!
    BigMike

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blogs. Theyre always interesting and funny

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.