The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

The guy is falling the guy is falling

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020 at just almost 6:00 a.m. in the early early morning!

Bazinga!, Getchore booty moving and go Gnarfle the Garthock!!,

Overall, I would have to say that I had a pretty amazing childhood. I didn't know it at the time, however, I know now we always lived at or below the poverty level in terms of how much money my parents made per year. Of course, our standard of living was heavily subsidized by the American taxpayer, but I did not know that at the time. I just knew my father was in the United States Air Force, and I lived on an American Air Force military base until I started 8th grade. I got fed and clothed and sheltered adequately and pretty much was oblivious to where the money came from. I cannot really remember really ever wanting for anything. I had bicycles, basketballs, footballs, baseballs, and all the sports equipment and toys I could ask for really.

I played organized and pick up sports in the park and ran around like young kids do, going willy nilly until I was hungry or until the porch light flickered on and off calling us home. I wouldn't call it idyllic or mystical or anything like that, I would just say it seemed very normal. Nothing out of the ordinary ever really went on, not really. Life was pretty routine and fairly humdrum. I mean my Dad was an outrageous character who was prime to doing things like putting a sprinkler head some schmuck left running all night and all day (which ruined the ground his kids were supposed to play on) inside of the guy's open window, soaking all of his shit in retaliation. But that kind of stuff while exciting was abnormal and didn't happen every day.

I had and have had different growing up experiences than most city kids. I didn't have to deal with some of the crap that they had to and they never had to explain themselves to the Air Patrolman or to the NCOIC or the Officer of the Day, who would then call your Dad, to come and kick your ass. Right up until we started the eighth grade, we went to church where the chaplain sometimes wore a uniform, I had always attended a school attached to or that had a majority of kids that lived on the base the same as I did. My childhood was filled with things like knowledge of fighter jets, runways, afterburners, The Thunderbirds, and a base training exercise that sent umpires around to your house to see if you were doing what you were told to do. I saw and played dump trucks around missile silos and air force runways ( I mean hundreds of yards away but around just the same).

Until I started the eighth grade at Keystone Middle School in Indianapolis, I lived in a society that did not overtly "exhibit" racism or racial stereotypes. I wasn't ever exposed to it growing up, we constantly played with other children of color, we were all the same in base housing and I was blissfully unaware of the outside world. In all of my youth, I can honestly say I never saw or heard either one of my parents say or do anything disparaging concerning people of color. There just were no examples of it for me to draw from as a child.

Even when my parents drank beer and even when they fought because of it, I still never heard either of them use the N-word or any racial stereotypical slang racial disparagement term. Not a single time. As a matter of fact just to be very clear, it existed however I have never heard to this day, any of my Aunts or Uncles or cousins use that language or act racial in any way. My Dad would get super pissed off if he heard you speak about race in a negative way in any form. It just wasn't done in our household. Not if you wanted to keep your lips from bleeding. There were lots and lots of racial mixing in our society, we just did not mix RANK. I always saw other striped and chevroned uniforms hanging around our house, but quizzically never saw an officer of any kind unless it was in an official capacity, like some kind of inspector or something.

Then my Dad retired from the military in the spring of about 1970 or so, after a huge amount of time, like 30+ years or something like that. We moved from the military housing in Great Falls Montana and Malmstrom Air Force Base to a little civilian 3 bedroom rental house in Indianapolis Indiana on the southside of Indy in a neighborhood loosely called Dogpatch. We drove cross country over the course of about 4 or 5 days in an old but well maintained Pontiac Bonneville that I think was about a 1959 model or so with the big wings on the back and the round headlights. I'm not 100% sure of that, because I was about 12 or 13 and that was one hell of a long time ago. It made the trip easy though and my Dad was a great mechanic so apart from being bored we were very safe and Dad was a careful driver. At least it didn't break down. The next couple of months were spent getting the house, unpacking, setting up life, and learning my new world.

I enrolled at Southport High School and when I started there, the ninth grade was in a separate building that later was called the alternative school and the middle school for that area. But when I started there you went to 9th grade in that building and then transferred to the high school for Sophomore and beyond. On my first day of high school as I was walking up the sidewalk towards the front door from the bus drop off point, I heard a big thump to my left and saw the bushes rattle a bunch. I looked over and there was this brown head and brown eyes peering out of the bushes at me. I reached out my hand to help him up out of the bushes and asked the guy "Where did you come from"? , He just looked up and so did I. Right above us looking out of a second-story bathroom was a couple of white guys heads. They saw us looking and quickly disappeared from view. I said "What the hell man?", he just said, "Apparently they don't like me", all calm and cool and collected. These idiots had thrown him out of a second-story bathroom window, into the bushes below because they didn't like "brown people". I found out much later that we only had one "brown people" going to our school.

At about 13 years old and on my first day of high school, I learned 3 things before school had even begun.

1) White people are crazy and will do anything they think they can get away with
2) Racism takes a lot of forms including physical violence even when there is only one brown kid in the entire school and
3) my new friends name was Raymond Ferguson.

I've never forgotten that moment.
The guy is falling, the guy is falling.

  1. I am a comedian junkie. I love watching comedians do stand up comedy and will watch their shows whenever I can. I don't have a favorite exactly, but maybe have a top ten depending upon who is hot right now. Right now I can't get enough of Bill Burr. I've been watching him since he had hair, and have watched about everything he has on video as well. Yesterday I saw a clip of him being interviewed by some idiotic radio guy and he just owned the dude. Classic Bill.

  2. The Kneeling Cop dumbass murderer's wife has filed for divorce, she has also asked the court to let her change her last name with a quickness. She has asked for an expedited hearing because apparently, she cannot get away from this idiot fast enough. She has also asked the court in her filing to award her the titles and ownership of both of the couple's homes.

    I say give it to her, as her dipshit husband won't need them while he is rotting away in prison.

  3. Your Amazon Alexa device can be set up to act as a pseudo guard/security device for your home. If you activate this setting it will listen for breaking glass, CO2 alarms, smoke alarms and etc. Amazon owns everything.

    I have no idea if this is a good idea or not.
    Do your own research.

  4. A well known white supremacist group has been caught RED-HANDED tweeting out ANTIFA protest stuff on twitter. Apparently, they were outed because someone noticed they used the White group's credit cards and brought attention to themself by being retweeted by DJT Jr.

  5. Curfews are being extended in major cities including Atlanta for the next few days in response to the rioting and looting of the past few days. Good. Keep the troops there and arrest all of the looters and leave the protesters alone.

    Also, do you remember Ferguson MO? They have elected their first Black person, a woman, as mayor of their town, nearly 6 years after the killing of Michael Brown set off riots and protests there.


    You can survive a second-story fall provided you land in big old evergreen bushes.
    I saw it happen once.

    BigMike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.