The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Reality worst game ever

Thursday, June 25th, 2020 Just about a month until my sweeties birthday (or so)

I am pleased to partake in the bittersweet example of waking up on the top side of the dirt,

Yay.

Sometimes I wonder why I sit down here every morning and write a blog post about just whatever random thing is going through my mind at the moment. I mean occasionally I have a fully developed topic in mind and other times it is driven by what is happening in the world at the moment but some days I just don't have a coherent thought about anything until I sit down here. Today is one of the latter days. I suppose I could start writing stories about different subjects however, I think it would be even more boring if I did. I can imagine a bunch of people seeing on their Facebook profile that he is writing about why you should perform regular maintenance on your computer for example. The collective eye rolls may be powerful enough to affect the tides. Trust me I have seen the glazed looks I get when I hit a nerve that bores the absolute crap out of people while I am speaking, so I can only imagine how quickly somebody could scroll right past my missives if they even approached that level of rusting prose.

I don't think the stuff that happens to me is a lot different than what has happened to many of you. I've never served in the armed forces for example, as many of you have, even though I wanted to pretty badly when I was a kid, they just would not let me in. Some of you guys have done some pretty exciting stuff in your careers and I love talking to you about it whenever I can. One of my past supervisors for example owns an airplane and flies it from place to place occasionally now. Man what a trip it would be to be able to just drop over to the airport and hop in the plane for an afternoon flight to somewhere. That would be cool.

I've often wondered what it would be like to be a pilot and even had a few of those airplane simulators over the years, playing around with them on the computer. It was a blast, but nothing like the real thing at all, and I get that. It's sort of like when occasionally the subject of playing golf would come up and someone would say "I've played a lot of putt-putt golf over the years", and I know they do that to maintain relevance in the conversation and to keep the subject alive, to be a part of it. I completely understand why someone would do that, even though one has nothing to do with the other, except for one clubface. It's still what people do as they try to relate.

I do a lot of listening when others are talking. To me that is the ultimate form of respect, to listen when someone is speaking to you. I have also had the very unpleasant experience of being in a conversation with someone who cannot wait for you to finish your sentence and talks right over the top of you. They sometimes do not even wait for you to finish before they starting a new thought. I don't make a big deal out of it, usually. Normally I just let them talk, just let them continue on because I figure they needed to get it out. Sometimes though, especially if there are a few people standing there, I am usually wandering away, looking for someone else to talk to, for something else to do, because you can just tell, they don't really want to talk to you anyway. To me not only is it disrespectful, it just shows me what you really think of me. I'm probably wrong about that, but I don't get all butt-hurt about it, I just shake it off and keep moving.

I'm the sort of person who doesn't need a crowd to keep me happy. Does that make any sense? I love being around people especially if they are folks who can tolerate me, however, I am just as happy alone, working on whatever is front of me, doing my own thing. It's why I am so bad at returning calls. It just doesn't dawn on me that it is something I can be doing to pass the time, I'm usually in front of my computer or playing around with some tool or another. I can kill 10-12 hours with quickness and not even think about anything important if I put my mind to it. It's sort of how I keep sane, well that and talking to myself like I do here.

I have found my self in a crowd, like in a basketball arena or at a football game of something and although I may be with other people, or with family, I have found myself drifted off in some other place, thinking about a lot of other stuff and then realize I don't even know what is going on around me. What's the score? Who the hell knows. It is the same reason nobody likes to play any kind of card game with me. I totally understand it, as paying attention is what drives the game. The problem is if I lose interest and paying attention is necessary to competing effectively, then I am screwed. We used to play Euchre all the time and I would constantly ask what was trump or play a card I should have played the last go around and inevitably somebody gets pissed off. Then they explode and start giving me shit, I am always stunned by that because I tried to tell them they did not want me to play cards with me in the first place. I even tell them what is going to happen. It almost always happens they want to get mad when I quit the game. I just can't win, nobody is happy and I predicted it. It's goofy.

Something else that used to happen to me all the time is to be recognized and talked to no matter where we went. My wife and I went to a basketball game one time and I got stopped 5 or 6 times going in and coming out of the arena. It was pretty normal for me, I don't know why exactly, however, it probably had something to do with the fact that I ran a very busy couple of restaurants at the time. My wife said something like "Wow even in a crowd you get recognized!". I never realized it. I am usually clueless and that seems a tad bit wacky doesn't it? The other day at the hospital I experienced the reverse of that. situation. Everyone saw my wife and knew her and most of them spoke to her. The other day at the doctor's office, one of my doctors looked at my wife, immediately recognized her, and then looked at me and says "So, you decided to take your life in your own hands and marry her, huh?". It was funny because she has such a good relationship with the Doctors she works with every day that they are totally comfortable talking to her as a human being.

I love that part.
BigMike




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.