The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Sunday, May 10, 2020

You heard me, she said

Its Mother's day on May 10th, 2020 at 7:30 a.m. I slept in today !!

Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day to all you Mothers out there in the blogosphere,

This morning I read that J.C. Penney, the retailer has filed for bankruptcy. I knew this was coming however I am a little bit surprised it came so quickly because I was sure they would have to wait to have a clearance sale first to raise cash. According to all reports I read, they did not have the cash on hand that it takes to file because (surprise of all surprises), attorneys and courts don't let you file on the promise that you will pay them later. I wonder why that is?

Little Richard died yesterday. I think they said he was 87 years old. No more tutti-fruity, unless you want to hear it with John Wayne and maybe Johnny Cash in the audience.

Yay!! No More Booger McFarland on Monday Night Football. If we ever get to see football ever again, at least we won't have to see his mangled fingers anymore ( Pics of Boogers fingers) or listen to his insane commentary.

You know how you sometimes are not sure if you learned the lessons that your mother was trying to teach you all those years ago? I have a way that works for me, maybe it will work for you too. First a tiny back story. There is a restaurant in Indiana, I think it is called (or was?)  Gray Brother cafeteria. Its been a while since I ate there so I'm a little bit shady on the facts, however I'm pretty sure it is in Mooresville IN. Gray Brothers Cafeteria ) Anyway, I took the kids, my wife and I, and my mother to this restaurant one time for Sunday afternoon Lunch/Dinner.

We were all sitting at a big round table, my mother was on my left-hand side (and she was right-handed), having a fabulous meal and everybody was talking and having a blast, it was one hell of a good time, just sitting around telling jokes, making everybody laugh until suddenly out of the blue my head was ringing, my eyes were unfocused and I had a concussion I think,  tweety bird was flying and man, I was seeing stars just like in the Bugs Bunny cartoon! The next thing I hear is my mother sitting next to me saying "Don't ever let me hear you call your children stupid again." Apparently while joking I had told my son Michael that he was stupid although because of the concussion, I do not remember saying it, and the next thing I know I'm mumbling "Put me in coach, I can play."

The kids and my wife had that home alone look on their faces and my son Michael Jr. was laughing so hard he was spitting soda out of his nose. If you were not me, I am sure it was quite a funny scene. However, I was me and I actually didn't remember what I had so eloquently said and I said to my mother"What was that for? I didn't do nothin", in my best-aggrieved voice. Well that set off a new round of laughter. Apparently, there was something in what I had just said that was quite the funny statement, because not only were the children and my wife laughing but so was the server and the folks at the next table were too.

She just said all serious and Samuel L. Jackson like "You heard me."

Now, whenever I either am getting ready to do something that is probably not such a good idea or I am getting ready to say something that is the wrong thing to say, I look over my shoulder to see if she is standing there because (Did I tell you she played baseball?) It would be just like her to appear long enough to whack me upside the head for doing something stupid or for what I am just getting ready to say. Not only that but to this day I can hear her voice saying "You heard what I said." So if you ever want to know if you had any teaching in you that was instilled by your Mother, just close your eyes, say something stupid in your head, and see if she isn't right there, telling you to knock off your silly shit. That's how you know. I hear her all the time. She's always trying to guide me right and kill my buzz. Damn. I hear Dad too but his stuff is completely different.

Extra Extra Read all about it !!

  1. There is one big reason the economy can't really reopen fully right now. There is not enough testing going on and I don't understand why not. How can you contain and understand where this SOB is in terms of its strength or direction unless you test enough to understand the direction? How can you contain it if you don't know where it is in the first place?

    The state of  (I think) Idaho or maybe Nebraska has proudly proclaimed that they "Have zero cases of the virus identified" in their prison system for example. They didn't bother to also say however that they have not tested a single prisoner or staff member.

    Since February 2020 before this disease even had a name and before the conspiracy nuts opened the flood gates on all the (curse word redacted) theories about where it came from, why it was unleashed, whether or not it is a hoax, almost 70,000 people have died from this monster. Unemployment is more than was seen at the peak of the Great Depression and our economy is in shambles. Only about 1/2 of Adult Americans who want jobs have them. To fix the economy we have to fix the Public Health Crisis. People are just afraid to leave the house. Surveys indicate that even if your state doesn't have a shelter in place order, the reason people are not going out is FEAR of becoming infected. Without testing (a lot more), to find out where the infections are and isolate those who are transmitting the disease to have a chance at containing this mess, we have a huge problem. What problem you say?

    Well, there is no national policy to increase testing or to coordinate a national response at all.
    I cannot for the life of me understand why or why not. It makes no sense.

  2. A polar vortex is bringing snow to the eastern US this weekend in my opinion because chaos loves the company. That's gotta be what it is.

  3. I'm sorry if you like it but is there a worse piece of crap on TV right now than this 90-day fiancee junk? My God! How can you watch this drivel and why on gods earth would you want to? There has to be something more productive to do with your time.

  4. A 12-year-old boy/child has invented, made, 3D printed, and is selling online his solution to touching surfaces that may be infected with the COVID-19 virus. It's reportedly got a hook on it for opening doors and some sort of jabber for keying in ATM-like keys among other things. So far he has sold about 300 of them at $14.99 a pop.

    I think at 12 I was looking at my male junk in a mirror and trying to count the newly formed hairs so I could tell my buddies I was a man. We had a theory you weren't a man until you had over 50 pubic hairs. That was very heady important stuff back then because you couldn't hide it in gym class, everybody had to shower.

    He is inventing stuff, we counted pubes. Not the same planet I don't think.

  5. The White House is infected. Mike Pence's press secretary and one of President Trump's personal Valets have tested positive for the virus. Apparently Mr. T-rump thinks he can distance himself from a pathogen by saying he didn't really know the man.


    Sometimes I just cannot help myself.
    Those pesky facts just keep getting all twisted up in me.

    BigMike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.