The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Are you a Google Grokker

Sunday 5:00 a.m. on 05/24/2020

A three-hour tour, a three-hour tour,

That show was the weirdest but best half-hour show on Television at the time. Week after week they could not get off the island they were stuck on, but they could be visited every week by one after another of Hollywood's biggest stars, and NOT ONE PERSON EVER went back to the mainland and said a word about them to anybody to get them rescued.

Like I said, weird.

I spend a lot of energy bitching about advertising I'm sure. It probably bores the crap outta folks to read about it. It may be the reason a few people do not follow or read what I write in the first place but I can't seem to help myself. So much of what I see is just DRIVEL! I mean it's gobstoppingly stupid and annoying and hard to fathom as to why it made it out of review meeting, to begin with. I just cannot understand why more people don't complain and get the crap off the airwaves or out of print. I am an extremist about this, I know.

They have developed more and more ways to present it to you as well. It's on the handles of shopping carts, on the walls of the urinals in the men's rooms. It dangles from the ceilings and is being blown by the air conditioner. You cannot stand in line at Wal-Mart or pump the gas into your tank without being assaulted by a mini TV playing commercials while you are captured in place. I became stalwart friends with the mute button on my remote control years ago because of it and have been known to switch the channel and watch something else entirely if the TV ad was too annoying. Sometimes it gets so bad that I start yelling at the TV, giving them my opinion of their content. I'm sure the dogs, my wife, and daughter have all determined by now that I love yelling at inanimate objects and I am just a weird old starking raving mad lunatic at this point.

This is not by any means recent and has been happening for years (the lunacy and the advertising), however, something else about this I absolutely hate is targeted advertising while you are using your PC. If you are a curious person like me, then you might spend a little time searching for some pretty uncommon things, with the goal of understanding them a tiny bit better. You also might be a "Google Grokker" which is a person who flits from web page to web page using links provided either on a search page such as google or takes what they can find and goes from one page to another using links from one page to get to another without a clear destination in mind. Trust me its a real thing.

Click here to read more -->Google Grokking

I was looking the other day to see what the options were for having a bidet, that thought having been developed by the stories about the lack of toilet paper availability because of stupid people hoarding it when I thought what would you do if you couldn't get your hands on toilet paper? So after discarding the option of grabbing a handful of leaves from the outside like my Buddy Jack told me to do, (because you know I would grab Poison Ivy), I started reading about how to install a bidet, and all the different kinds of options there were to do so. I knew I probably would never get one, I just wanted to learn about it.

I don't know if it started happening on that day or if it sort of came on gradually, however at the end of the list of stories, I started seeing this one series of ads over and over. It was something like "Doctors tell how to empty your Bowels completely, click here" or there was another one that said "Doctors amazed at this toilet paper alternative". There were several more in the list of so-called stories and so on. I never click on the clickbait, by the way, I just saw it there. Stupid as I am, Trust me I do know better than to click on the bait.

Look I get it. Technology contributes to this mess and my own computer is leaking my search terms out or being sold to advertisers or whatever, and somewhere on my machine, there is a cookie or a saved search term (an SEO id), or some such tiny piece of information that allows advertisers or more precisely advertising agencies to "target" ads to my machine based on the terms I've used in my searches. If I used Google's Gmail more (or at all) online or used its app at all, it would be able to also read my emails and determine how to target me based on search terms developed from my email traffic. I do not rely on online email for just this reason among many however. It's bad enough they can do this with my searching, I don't want to contribute with my emails too. I know I could use an Incognito page setting, do more anonymized browsing or disallow targeted ads altogether or I could use a totally different browser that doesn't track me at all like DuckDuckGo, but I am way too lazy to make that big of an effort.

Besides if I did all that, what would I have left to bitch about?
It would take all the fun away from me.

How rich and famous do you have to be, to be above the reach of the law?

  1. It is said that today in new stories published today,  that Prince "Pedo" Andrew of the British monarchy faces fresh humiliation over his involvement in the Jefferey Epstein (Didn't kill himself) scandal. Apparently, there is an eyewitness to his groping of an obvious underage girl. She was by all accounts between 12-14 at the time and he was observed groping her topless chest,  while he was staying on the private island of Mr. (Didn't kill himself) Epstein. The royal response has been to say "No he didn't, you're wrong, besides he is a ROYAL", so he couldn't have done it.

    Look, If this pervert had intimate contact, made illegal overtures, or had sex with underage children, then they should prosecute his ass, royal member of the British household or not. The Queen should turn his ass over to the authorities and submit him to the rule of law. So what if he is a Royal? If he is a Pedophile then no draconian punishment is too much for him. I know it would never happen, especially in the USA or in England, but I think pedophiles should be executed. I can't see where they serve any useful purpose if they are guilty of that and I'm convinced they have no redeeming qualities that absolve them of that behavior. Being a Royal may have prevented prosecution in the year 1250, but in today's society we and he should know that none is above the law. He also should and did know better I am certain of that.

    Throw his ass under the jail. I don't care. Neither should you.

  2. Tesla has made a tiny change and renamed the Model S for this purpose and has resubmitted it to the EPA for retesting to bump up its official range estimates. Tesla has claimed in the past that the model they submitted last year had a 400-mile range and said the agency made a mistake while testing it last year when they came up with a 391-mile range estimate on the official test.

    It's all about bragging rights as no one has been able to crack the 400-mile barrier so far. Elon Musk and Tesla said the EPA left a door open with the key in the ignition overnight while testing their car last year, which allowed the car to use a tiny bit more energy than it should have. The EPA has denied doing so but Tesla says they have the data to prove it.

  3. We have apparently extradited a leader of a drug cartel from somewhere in South America to the USA for prosecution. The guys name is Geraldo Gonzales Valencia and he is known by three or four other short nicknames that I forgot to write down and don't care about anyway. he has been indicted on charges of Conspiracy to distribute Narcotics for purposes of importing to sell. I hope he gets found guilty and gets 500 years in prison.

    The part of this story I have never understood is why we allow these guys to operate at all. They are declaring war on the USA, they sell some of the most horrific shit to our citizens. It kills hundreds of people every year. We basically know where they are, who they are, who works for them, how many of them there are, and a lot more. We have the capability to see what happens in certain areas as small as baseballs and we have demonstrated we can read license plates from outer space for crying out loud. If there actually is a war on drugs and we know so much about it, and can know more, why don't we treat this as a war?

    Why don't we go after the sicarios, the mules, the cartel soldiers, the facilities, and so forth. Who really gives two craps what Mexico would say if we put a cruise missile into a drug factory? Why don't we burn the heroin producing poppy fields in Afghanistan to a scorched plateau? There are known cocaine locations in South America we just tolerate because of a policy that says it should be handled locally. I agree, but when they don't we should. That's all I'm saying. Anywhere drugs come from should be under attack. Even China would get the message and start doing something about it if we gave them an ultimatum about a specific location and then acted when they wouldn't.

    Yeah, I know. World War 3, we are pussies, blah blah blah. It pisses me off is all.

  4. The Headline says that Netflix has the fewest technical glitches of any streaming service. I would agree and would go on to say the worst has to be the programming on The Dish's Hopper. It sucks. I have rarely had an issue with Netflix and the service, usually, my issue is with the stale and worn-out content.

  5. Drive-In theatres are making a come back in a huge way according to the Wall Street journal. According to the story I read the restrictions of social distancing and so forth caused by the Covid-19 virus are the cause. I see taco trucks and Movie nights in our future.

    Who wants to pay $15 for a bucket of yesterday's popcorn anyway?
    BigMike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.