The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Yes my wife is a Genius

6:45 a.m. on a Saturday, I'm late because I watched the news. 05/23/2020

When I was just a little baby boy
My momma used to tell me these crazy things, (Get it?)

"I had an argument with my wife the other night. She told me to go take out the garbage!. I told her, You cooked it, you take it out". - Rodney Dangerfield, Comic Genius
Rodney Quotes and Funny jokes

Speaking of wives, my wife sat down the other day, after ordering some elastic, and made us all face masks to wear in public. Then she made some different ones and put the elastic on all of them. I am always going on and on about how she is able to take hunks of cloth and turn it into stuff. A few pins here and there, some banging away at it with a sewing machine and presto chango, ...masks.

I am always impressed by how she gets the lines straight and somehow doesn't sew her fingers together. If I were making them they would have the prettiest little blood splatters all over them, because how in the heck can you use all those pins and needles and not stick yourself a thousand times? For real. I get that it is practice and all, however to watch it occur in real-time is impressive. Anyone that can do this is an artist I think even if you are following a pattern. It is not a paint by the numbers set, so not anybody can do it even if you follow the instructions. And have you ever tried to read one of those patterns? It's like having bad Chinese translated into even worse English and that's not the worst part. The worst part is they expect that you will cut out the size that you chose and get them all the same size.

She's a miracle worker if you ask me.

I love to watch Veterinarian TV shows. Right now there is a bunch of them on TV, and between watching what is on at it's regular time and on-demand I could, If I so desired to watch nothing but them or mostly them for most of the time I watch Television. I generally spend little time watching television, to begin with so between them and Science shows with a tiny bit of Jeopardy and military programming, I drive my wife out of her mind. She watches Law and Order, NCIS (all of them),  and Forensic Files and other police procedurals like the show The First 48 nonstop.

I think maybe she is trying to figure out the perfect crime. I just hope it is not about trying to figure out what to do with the body.

I found out something quite by accident however. I found out that a lot of Vets, don't care for Dr. Pol or his practice/methodology. They think he gives Vets a bad name, practices animal medicine like it was still the 1960's and is a neanderthal in his methodology. They criticize his methods for setting broken legs, for sanitation, for pain control (or lack of it), and the fact that he uses commercial cleaners and paper towels to clean up after treatments. They say he should modernize or stop providing in-clinic care for small animals. They are in the minority however as his clients appreciate the cost savings measures he undertakes on their behalf. It gets the job done and cuts cost to the bone. I think that is the real problem.

For example, using pieces of a bushel basket has been roundly criticized for making a splint for juvenile farm animals. They say he should be using only modern-day devices made from approved substances, thereby producing a predictable result at a consistent cost. His explanation makes sense to me. He says what difference does it make what the support structure is in a splint that is totally covered by cotton, gauze, and tape? It does the job, heals the animal, and costs his clients zero dollars.

He didn't exactly say it, but he intimated that the reason behind the complaints, is the fact that it takes away the ability to charge for it plus a healthy markup from the complaining Vets. I'm not a Vet but I suspect he may be right and I tend to agree with him. He should maybe update his in-surgery standards and wear better protective gear, however, I don't think the way he practices, makes him a bad Vet. He is a man in his late 70's who works as hard or harder than people half his age, who still wrangles large animals every day and gets the job done.

It's hard to argue with success.


The difference between me and you is that I make this "stuff" look good.
  1. Just as I thought we were going to be treated to another juicy celebrity court battle, I was disappointed to learn they had filed plea bargains and are going to plead out. Celebrity actress Lori Laughlin from Full House fame and her husband what's his name have pled guilty in a plea bargain filed with the court in a deal reached with the prosecutors in the College Admission scandal of the last year. I'm not going to describe it again. Look it up.

    She will spend 2 months behind bars somewhere, pay a $150,000 fine, spend 2 years on probation, and perform at least 100 hours of community service. He will spend 5 months behind bars, pay a $250,000 fine, also be put on 2 years of probation, and perform 250 hours of community service.

    I don't know if the sentences are appropriate or are enough but they are going to plead guilty and they are paying a ton of money. Maybe that will be enough to deter others. Who knows.
  2. Did you actually know that the Clock Icon on your iPhone keeps time and the hands move as time marches forward?
  3. Hertz Rent a Car has filed for bankruptcy. They do not intend to go out of business however. In a statement from their Board of Directors they said " Blah the Blah, finances, Blah the blah moving forward..." and some other crap I could not be bothered to listen to because it's just more corporate doublespeak that says the market is crap, we can't pay our bills and defecation occurs. More Companies in a long string of companies are going to follow them and others into the hole.
  4. I am from Indianapolis Indiana. It just doesn't seem like May to me this year because there have been no festivities or news about the Indy 500 at all, beyond saying it has been postponed, with really no word about when they are going to have it if it happens at all. It's sad but completely necessary I think.
  5. There is an honest to goodness real effort underway to recruit and pay people to live in a mission to Mars simulator for 8 months. NASA is conducting a search for people who can go to Russia, are healthy, between ages 30-55, have professional STEM experience, and be proficient in both Russian and English.

    No word on how much they are paying.


    Dosvedanya comrades,

    El Grande` Miguel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.