The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Monday, May 18, 2020

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

Monday 05/18/2020 at about um 6:00 a.m. or so, give or take

I am the walrus, you are the eggplant, Hey man wow uh, Freaky Deaky,

When we last left our intrepid traveler the score was
CNC400, Jack 40, PJ 12, Mike 0

This morning after a night of battling the beast with a new board from the might amazon.com
CNC400, Jack 40, PJ 12, Mike 1

Mike has finally won a match. After installing the new board and the long-awaited power supply I plugged everything in and the DAMN THING WORKED! Right out of the box it just did what it was supposed to do. Well, It made everything twice as big as it was supposed to but hell, I'll take it! I adjusted a couple of settings later and it does exactly what I wanted it to do and more. I couldn't believe it. All I had to do was buy the original machine and waste another 150 bucks or so buying crap to throw away and another 100 bucks on the stuff needed to make it work.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

Until the next morning. The next morning as I entered my office (this morning) I am greeted with the following message on my CNC computer (The one that's hooked up to the CNC machine)
"Your computer did not start normally, would you like to use System Restore to attempt to repair it?"
Ah well, it had to be something I guess. Who's keeping score anyway?

I'm losing so bad it doesn't matter anymore.

Mr. Fair always said "Figures lie and liars figure."

  1. Guns are some serious business. I'm not going to start a gun control debate here, however, suffice it to say I am a staunch believer in the second amendment to the Constitution of the US. They are not toys however and should be treated with respect and care. They can and do kill without regard to your social status or age or color or sex. All kinds of statistics have been used that show all kinds of things, but to keep it short I will just say if you do not practice gun safety around your children, somebody can and does die when they play with them.

    There is a story out of Bartow County GA this morning about how a child (age unknown) died over the weekend at a camping site apparently while playing with a pistol belonging to one of the adults she went camping with. The way this story is written it seems as if the child was a toddler however factually it just doesn't actually say. She was camping with her Grandmother and some other guy (unknown status) when the gun discharged which killed her. The man and the Grandmother have been charged initially with felonies. The man was charged with possession of a handgun by a felon, the charges against the Grandmother were not clear although the prosecutor said the case was "Under review, and that additional charges were likely". Good. Throw them both under the jail and throw away the damn key. Guns are not toys. Never give a child a gun, loaded or not.

    Stupid ass people.

  2. I know I said "NO POLITICS" on the Rant anymore, but this one is sorta important and I will try to keep it generic so you can digest it without throwing your laptop at me. Every news source and just about every show is dedicated to or has a large portion of their broadcast dedicated to coverage of the coronavirus pandemic. Understanding how serious it is and how we need to know lots of things about it we just don't know yet, I am confused about a couple of things. What I don't get really is how we have allowed it to become a political football for how it presented to the general public. Most of us don't like to do hours of research about anything, let alone something as complicated as a pandemic. We like our sound bites short, sweet, and to the point. We don't want to be bored to death with page after page of PowerPoint presentations complete with charts, graphs, and all the whistles.

    That's (generally speaking) why we latch onto popular "talking points" as spoken by our political leaders. A talking point is something you will hear over and over that breaks down a complicated and nuanced issue into 3-second chunks that are easy on the ears and easy to swallow, and importantly easy to remember and to repeat to others. One of the smartest guys I know that's one of the Senior Executives of a National Restaurant chain told me if something goes over 2 paragraphs, you've lost him. He said he just won't read it. Our politicians know this and that's why they do not have 3-hour long press conferences talking about one thing. They know we just won't absorb it, no matter how important it is, we will just ignore it.

    Right now a popular point being circulated by one of the major news sources from one of the major political parties is repeating a dumb claim that once "testing is ramped up", the death rate from this disease process will fall to near zero.

    As I understand the point they are making they are saying the more cases we discover (or not, I'm not clear on that and neither are they), then the lower the death rate on the disease will be. Huh? The more testing we do, the less we will find or The more testing we do the more we will find and the fewer amount of deaths we will experience.

    Either way it's a goofy premise that only a politician would utter.

    Here is what the data actually says right now:
     
    A) Testing is not actually the problem although we are far behind all other nations in our process.
    B) Increased testing has shown an increase in the number of cases identified.
    C) The number of cases overall shows an increase in the number of people who have been tested previously negative and now are testing positive.
    D) Like the common cold, you can be infected more than once.
    E) You are not immune after a primary infection.
    F) The death rate and the Recovery Rate are holding steady without regard to the number of tests.
    G) The death rate is between 6-7 % of infections and the Total Recovery Rate is around 37 % overall.
    H) I haven't figured out how to break that down into a 3-second chunk without lying.

  3. I am surprised a little that the BBC drama called "Killing Eve" is so good. It's from a smaller TV production source (The BBC) and competing against networks in the US that pay far more and have larger resources to count on such as the pool of talent, sound stages, sets, etc. There are also just so many other shows and new shows at that, so it's surprising to me that is has broken through the clutter. One of the very few shows I actually look forward to watching each week. I'm glad FOX doesn't produce it, or it would have already been canceled I think.

  4. MMA and their various organizations (Not just the UFC Brand), wasn't on my list of things to watch at first. It took me a good while to adjust to seeing a version of the old bare-knuckle anything goes backyard fistfights evolve into the sport it has become. Once certain things changed during this evolution I began to watch it more and more. I'm not just a one fighter rooter either. I don't just watch it for one person. I like almost all of it and their quirky rules, especially how the referees end a fight by blocking out the winning fighter. It makes them look like they are protecting the losing fighter from unnecessary damage whether or not it does I have no idea.

    One of the things that I really don't care for is how they will let basically anyone from any discipline fight. In one event you may see Muy Thai, judo experts, martial artists, boxers, and lots of other disciplines represented. Whoever has the best overall strategy and best use of both the upper body and the ground game aspects usually is the winner in most contests, I have no problem with the vast majority of groupings. I usually don't care if professional boxers are allowed because they don't grapple all that well and most ground trained fighters actually have the advantage.

    Except for one discipline. Unlike Muy Thai which focuses on lower kicks sort of like Judo and other grappling styles the trained Kick Boxer has a more complete command of upper and lower kicks. Because they don't allow a fighter to use an elbow to the spine or the back of the head and don't allow an opponent to be punched or kicked to the spine or back of the head or anything behind the ears, I don't think a kick to the head area should be legal either. Just as Kicking and knee-striking the head of a grounded opponent or anywhere to the throat is not legal I really don't see the difference between that and allowing a standing kick to the back of the head. Kickboxers can box and kick both from long and short-range and can effectively throw both upper and lower licks with the same efficiency. A poor striker with a good ground game (typical Judo fighter) just gets creamed every time by these folks. I don't call that a fair fight and it doesn't appeal to me. It's just my opinion though.

  5. A Canadian Military performance jet has crashed killing one of the pilots. It was a member of the Demonstration team, called the Snowbirds. It crashed in Kamloops, British Columbia yesterday. It's a very sad situation overall. I'm guessing but I think the pilot that died tried to steer her jet away from a populated area and stayed with the plane trying to accomplish that. God Bless her. The other pilot was able to eject and survived.



    Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full,

    BigMike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.