The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Thursday, May 7, 2020

No Soup for WINK

7th uh of the 5th of uh the uh 2020 at before pink sky 5:30 a.m. ish

It was a well lit, dark and stormy calm and clear morning that night,

So anyway to continue a theme, when I was a kid living on an Air Force base because I was a military brat, me momma was a stay at home momma and me dada was a career sergeant (mostly of his own choosing and actions), we used to live on a SAC base in Montana for a time. SAC was the Strategic Air Command made famous by the movies as the service that always had bombers in the air ostensibly carrying nuclear weapons ready at a moment's notice to bomb the crap out of our enemies thereby implementing the M.A.D. philosophy of the time.

If you were not aware,  M.A.D. stood for mutually assured destruction, which is the old "you bomb me, I'll bomb you and we both die" philosophy. It was a term of art as it really meant the end of all mankind except for those idiots in Afghanistan and all the other 'Stans that could live in caves, no problem. Everybody else? Poof, Dust.

Anyway, being a 10-year-old on a military base led to all kinds of free time after school. Unlike today, where hover mom has to know exactly where little Timmy is at all times because there are 25 registered pedophiles within 5 miles of the house, we just had to be able to see the light on the front porch go on and off about 5-10 times and be in the house shortly after. You could roam a great deal and go just about anywhere on the base you were allowed if you were an accomplished storyteller (a liar) and had a convincing backstory that seemed plausible enough. I was both a great storyteller and a great creator of stories. Looking back now I'm sure my Mom knew at the time that I was full of shit, but I got away with it a lot of the time. I think she let me because she knew somehow that I needed the space.

One of the things I am sure is not allowed anymore, we used to be able to sit on top of the wooden slat fence and also just inside of it on the ground for a while (when it was busy) in the area that defined the runway of the military airport. It's called a flight line and it was where the aircraft of various types took off from and landed at. There were more runways I guess, this was the one closest to our house. We had this one place where we could sit and still could see the front porch light on our house. We would sit there as long as we were could, watching the jets take off and land, trying to identify the various jets, other aircraft and cargo jets. It was great fun if the B-52 was landing because that sucker was huge! Watching jets take off and seeing some of them hitting the afterburners especially at night was great. Man it was noisy too. We were there so often and we never approached the runways and we talked to the AP (the cops) so much that after a while they would just drive by and nod at us. We would nod back and feel like adults getting away with something.

The coolest time of my life, only I didn't know it at the time.

One time the Air Force demonstration team, The Thunderbirds (check it out The Thunderbirds ) came to visit and we were allowed to walk over through the gate and see the planes up close. During that time I think they were flying the F100-D Super Sabre jet. That jet was a beauty and man I couldn't get enough. I remember my Mom put my little brother who was about 5 years old in a stroller and we all walked over to the flight line. For some reason she didn't want to use my shortcut. I knew all about the jets, the cargo plane and the names of the pilots, their ranks the narrator and all the stuff any normal kid would know about their favorite baseball team, except my team flew jets. We didn't stay very long (at least I don't remember it that way) because we had to walk everywhere as my mother didn't drive and we only had one car anyway, as Mom had to get home to make dinner. I remember her telling the story about this day and she said I didn't shut up for about 5 days. It was so cool.

Did anybody else ever get smacked in the face with the tetherball?

  1. First "Iron Mike" Tyson announces at age 53 that he is returning to the boxing ring for a series of exhibition fights to raise money for various projects. Now Evander Holyfield has announced he is going to strap on the gloves again too at age 57 and do the same. At age 57?

    Shit I couldn't tie my shoes properly by myself at 57. At that age my back hurt so bad I couldn't do real actual physical labor anymore. That is right at the age I was forced to retire against my will due to disability and some surgery I had. And these guys are lacing up the gloves again? For Charity matches? Hell guys make a donation! I wonder if they will box each other? If you remember this is the boxer that Mike bit the hunk of his ear, leaving his with a bite mark,  during one of their last fights. Supposedly they are great friends now. There is no way in hell you could convince me to get in a boxing ring with either one of these guys. You are crazy.
  2. I've been sort of loosely following the ESPN series about Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls called the Last Dance. It's interesting stuff, but its also rarified air as it probably is at the top of any profession. Finding out he had to pay a grocery store to open up for him after hours so he could shop in peace in his early rookie years was sort of fascinating, but hard to relate to. Once he started to really become "Air Jordan" of course he had hired a house manager, so he didn't do his own laundry or his own shopping anymore.

    Now he has a Gazillion dollar house for sale in the Chicago area, complete with a huge 23 on the front gate and a complete regulation-sized basketball court with his name all over it. I've been thinking about moving.....
  3. Why in the hell do we have to see those gruesome pictures and videos of people in the ICU all hooked up to the ventilators and 20 other machines like a big science project? Isn't it bad enough they are going to die? Do they have to die in technicolor? With a breathless reporter and a microphone yapping away at some helpless mother or sister or husband who is crying their eyes out because their loved one is in such agony just trying to breathe?

    I know you can turn it off and I do quickly, But why in the hell is it there in the first place. Its total nonsense if you ask me, I cannot stand to see people crying their eyes out on national TV, it's the epitome of cruel and is beyond me who would approve this sort of shit in the first place.
  4. It's National Nurses Day! Yay! Time for another coffee mug, another set of medical or hospital branded drink koozies and another $20 Wal Mart gift card! Yay! I'm the husband of a nurse. Do I sound sarcastic or jaded?

    I should because it should be criminal the way nurses and CNA's are treated by their employers in the quest for profits by the conglomerates they work for. I'm not going to say more, because my wife doesn't deserve to be fired for my comments.
  5. Ok so I got the Memo.
    No RING Cameras or Ring branded products in my house. Check.
    The RING doorbell cam and other products have so many security holes and privacy problems it is ridiculous and I haven't heard a thing about them being fixed. They somehow think it is a feature to share your videos automatically with your neighbors or give your videos to the police without asking you as if you didn't own them. Geeze, Not here.

    Add to that No WINK branded items or WINK branded home automation products either.
    Got It. Check.
    Wink has told all of its users they have 7 days from yesterday to sign up for the mandatory $5 per month subscription process on all their products or they face having access to the products they BOUGHT and PAID for shut off and bricked. No pay, No play. It's ransom pure and simple and is BULLSHIRT.

    No soup for WINK.

    What's better than a booby hug Bobby?

    BigMike


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.