The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sandra Bullocks' Oscar Win

Watched the last 15 minutes of the Oscars the other night. Cannot watch the other 3 and ½ hours of this show as it is too long, too boring and who cares who gets an Oscar for best duct tape job by a southern camera man anyway? They give out so many technical awards it is painful to watch. I realize to the people who win these awards they are a big fat hairy deal that they have given a lot of their time , energy and effort to, but frankly, I could care less who gets the best use of colored sand award.

Best Movie ? Didn’t see it thanks to the town I live in and the surrounding area. Out of the ten movies, I think 3 or 4 of them were in release here. I did see Inglorious Basterds, The Blind Side, District 9 and Avatar. I would have been happy if any of them except District 9 won. It was OK, but not a best picture, not even close.

Best Actor in a leading Role? , Jeff Bridges? OK, he is a good to great actor. Loopy and Goofy acceptance speech, but whatever. Didn’t see any of those films anyway. I’m ok with that too.

Best Actress in a leading Role? Sandra Bullock. All I can say is it is about friggin time that an actress who understands that their job it to make movies that entertain us , is the winner in this category. I’ve been an SB fan for a number of years, even when she makes a crappy movie, it is entertaining. More than I could say about the other nominees this year. Who the hell was Carey Mulligan and Gabourey Sidibe anyway? NO offense but I’ve never heard of either of them, Thankx to Hollweird’s policy of actresses can’t be good after age 30, these people who look good, or are young keep getting pushed forward, and they have no idea how to act usually. Helen Mirren is a good actress but I haven’t really seen anything she has done either, mostly because she makes girl movies and I do everything I can to avoid those.

My fault I know, but… I hate ‘em.

Sandra Bullock however is a hard working, 45 year old woman who makes great movies, who makes stinky movies, who makes boring movies and who makes girly movies and gives every one of them everything she has and makes the roles shine. I Think she deserved the win.

To those of you who say she just takes roles that allow her to be herself and to act so that it matches her personality, I say “So what?”, play to your strengths, is what I say.

Congratulations Sandra. Hope you win a few more of them and ‘kudos on the Razzie appearance.

Thankx for reading my rant !

bigmike

Visit my blog online at http://bigmikerant.blogspot.com/

I encourage you to leave your own comments or reactions to my rants (even if you don't agree with me) in the comments section on each post.

Join my facebook group "We are all tired of Bickering Politicians" at

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=292482513888.

We would love to have your voice added to the noise !!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.