The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Thursday, March 26, 2020

The daily dose

Hey Y'all

Thursday 03/26/2020 at about 8:30 a.m. est

Sometimes I just get this glimmer of how deep the madness pool is in my surroundings.  I run into this crap everyday and every now and then I think I must be so out of step with the mainstream that the reason I see this as goofy is because I am the outlier. I am actually the idiot. Maybe. Just maybe it's possible that I am crazier than the lunacy that I write about?

No? Read on.

Here's my top 5 for today.

  1. People are dumping their beloved family pets at their locals shelters because as one put it "I'm afraid he's a gonna get the corona and spread it to me and my children." They are afraid that the DOG is going to give them the virus. Um, Uh, what? Wait? Where did they hear this? Where did the dog get it? The dog hasn't been out of the house either right? No one , not even the hated LIBTARDS are reporting that dogs are spreading the virus right? I've not heard this one until today. Shelters are allegedly posting notices telling people not to drop off their animals for this reason and they are somewhat overwhelmed by it. Can you believe this ? Is it just me? 
  2. Something I didn't know. There is a national stockpile of  ventilators somewhere. Apparently governors have to request them or something along with hundreds of other items in the National stockpile. Now I don't have an opinion as to whether or not we should or should not have a stockpile , I'm just curious about something? How long has this been going on? Do we have an outdated stockpile of Iron Lungs too? How is the stockpile updated? How long does something stay in the stockpile before its outdated or obsolete? How is it replenished? I don't understand how it works but I hope a medical professional in in charge of triage on how to distribute the items, otherwise politicians will be and we know they are not capable of good decisions.
  3. There are numerous places where you can go on the Interwebs and find rates of infections, length of quarantines, rates of death etc. Its amazing how detailed it is. You can watch what happened in Wuhan and Italy and hundreds of other places day by day charted against what they did to curb the death rate and everything else. One place is the CDC and another is the National Institutes of Health (NIH). There are hundreds of other places including every media site. That being said how can any group of politicians see the same charts and not see the same or close to the same answers? Stay at Home or shelter in place orders appear to work in curbing the rate of infection. No matter, several Governors say "No way Jose`, we aint doing it!" So, um why not?
  4. There is no stay at home order right now in Florida , Idaho or Mississippi despite evidence that orders such as these do a lot of good in preventing infection, overwhelmed hospitals and healthcare  in general and a flattening of the curve in death rates. The governor os Mississippi has even signed legislation that effectively says if a local Mayor or council has ordered something different than that state has, well crap,  its null and Void and the state order or lack of one takes effect instead.  I mean is it just me or is this stupefyingly stupid?  Florida just now started closing beaches because I suppose they didn't want to kill their tourism economy. One college kid was on the news saying "(sic) Hey man, if I get it, I get it. Oh well." This is a college senior who doesn't understand if he gets it then statistically he will spread it to 1000 other people before he even shows symptoms. Great, The next generation of dumbasses.
  5. Oh and UH Saudi Arabia and the rest of the world are fighting a price war over oil. This was driving down the price of oil to record lows, lower than its been seen in 20 years. I don't know if its good or not but The President has bought a bunch of oil at cheap prices to fill the SNR (Strategic National Reserve). It remains to be seen whether that's a good idea or not but the price war and our added pressure on prices hurts our own gas and oil industry. The businessman  president is making decisions that hurt American Oil Businesses. When it was mentioned to him you know what his answer was? , "Oh well. Cheap oil is cheap oil."

2 comments:

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.