The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fox TV cancelled another good show, I am not surprised

Wrote this to Fox Television concerning the cancellation of Terminator : the Sarah Conner Chronicles. I know it won't do any good, but at least I get to vent.
 
If you like you can comment to them at askfox@fox.com
 
-bigmike
 
Fox,
 
I understand you cancelled this show (Terminator : the Sarah Conner Chronicles). I do not hold out any hope you will re-think it, rebrand it or sell it to another network. We only watch a couple of your shows anyway because most of them are crap. With most of them, when your promo comes on I cannot get to the mute button fast enough while I look for something else to watch. Seems like every time you have a good show or the potential for one you figure out a way to screw it up. My opinion? Bad move on your part. Only 5 million viewers? Give me a break, this has nothing to with ratings. This is just a money move, which no viewer respects nor cares about. We could care less that you could not figure out how to finance it, promote it or contain the costs. This was just dumb and is another dumb move in a long line of dumb moves that your programming continues to exhibit.
 
Instead of giving us pretty good TV to replace it with, you decide to go with more reality junk, which is cheaper to make? Whatever. I am stunned at how bad your schedule is and insulted at what you call good TV.
 
I'll still watch the shows that I like that are on FOX (House, Bones, Fringe, Family Guy) but the hour you opened up by cancelling Terminator is going to be taken up in my household by another network, as we can't stand the celebrity cooking,  reality , animation tripe you call programming. It just goes to show me that you guys are out of touch and do not understand the DVR/TiVo owning viewing public. This is another downhill FOX don't matter anymore move as far as I am concerned.
 
For whatever it is worth, here is our take of your shows in our house:
 
  • Are you smarter than a 5th grader? Good for one show novelty and then boring. Dumb show. Foxworthy is good but the show sucks.
  • Bones? Great show. We watch this one.
  • The Cleveland Show? You are kidding right? NO way. A boring character with his own show. I smell flop. Immediately and painful. Junk.
  • Cops? Only when nothing else interesting is on, and then can't watch a whole episode.
  • Dollhouse? No thank you. Junk.
  • Don't forget the lyrics? I forgot to watch. Junk. Insulting.
  • Family Guy? Irreverent and funny. Watch every so often.
  • Fringe? Great show. Watch every week. Take this one away and lose another hour in my household.
  • Glee? This has to be the goofiest concept ever. You actually think this is what we want? I hope this one dies quickly.
  • Hells Kitchen? I wish I knew this "chef", what's his name, so I could smack him in the mouth. If he talked to me like he does to those idiots he insults, I'd cut him with one of his own knives. What a crappy show. This could be called dereliction of programming. Cannot express adequately how much we dislike this guy, his show(s) and we would never eat at one of his restaurants.
  • Hole in the wall? Hole in the schedule. No friggin way.
  • House? Best show on TV. Can't wait to see how you eventually screw this one up.
  • King of the Hill? Must be a small hill. Glad its gone.
  • Kitchen Nightmares? See Hells kitchen. I can't hate this guy enough. A re-run of Gunsmoke would be better.
  • Lie to me? You ALREADY did when you said this was actually a TV show. JUNK. CRAP. USELESS.
  • Mad TV ? When I was 12 maybe.
  • Mental? You already are because you think this is good TV.
  • The Moment of Truth?, Uh, No. Maybe you should Lie to me.
  • Osbournes re-loaded? Amazingly bad. A real stinker. Better than a test pattern and that's all.
  • Prison Break? Uggh. Couldn't care less. Wish they would get shot.
  • Secret Millionaire? Secret garbage television. Sponsors really give you money for ad time for this crap?
  • Sit down, Shut Up? ...and go away. Fast.
  • Terminator? You cancelled it, was good TV and you decided that two kitchen shows were better. Who's running this network? Are monkeys throwing darts at a board?
  • TalkShow? See Sit Down and Shut Up.
  • 'til Death. Hopefully soon.
 
Your new shows?
  • Brothers? You are mental. More crap.
  • Human Target. Maybe. Wait and see.
  • More to Love? No. There isn't.
  • Past Life? maybe. Time will tell. Hope it is better than the promos. Probably not.
  • Sons of Tucson ? Maybe a show about Hells angels would be better, got to be funnier.
  • Wanda Sykes? Maybe. Only if she is funny. That only happens every so often. Probably not.
 
Your continuing series?
  • American Idol ? Only if Simon Cowell were to die (or leave the show). Fat chance. Can't help it the lemmings love this one. Makes no sense. Otherwise we can't stand it.
  • American Dad? How much animation do you think we can take ? NO.
  • Americas most wanted? Occasionally. See Cops.
  • So you think you can dance? So you think you can program? Uuugghh. Looks bad, smells bad, tastes bad, Is bad.
and as Far as 24 goes- Never watched one minute. Tripe, junk, stupid premise. Total turn off.
 
Anyway, you used to get 5 hours a week or so in my house and now you get no more than 4, because the rest of your schedule is drivel and is painful to watch and is money based (what it costs to produce) versus what is good to watch.
 
Obviously you don't care, so its a good thing I at least get to vent in email format.
Thankx for reading my rant ! 
 
bigmike
 
Visit my blog online at http://bigmikerant.blogspot.com/  
 
I encourage you to leave your own comments or reactions to my rants (even if you don't agree with me) in the comments section on each post.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.