The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Microsoft Office 2007

As some of you may know, I write a little bit of code sometimes. Usually things like automated forms, database applications, Outlook automation and etc.
 
For the last couple of weeks I have been updating one of my projects for a client of mine, that was started way back when Office was Office 97. Every year they make changes to their programs, I update the automation and things go on. Not this year. The parent company of the guy I work for, switched from Office 03 to Office 07.
 
Gawd, what a mess they have made out of what was a pretty good product. You leaned to navigate, to do certain things to use the bells and whistles and how to make the program do what you want it to do and wham ! Nothing works anymore like it should. Nothing is easy, Nothing is where it should be, code is screwed up, templates are plastered all over the place, projects blown completely up.
 
To upgrade what I have would be more than $950 (but it is supposedly not about money?)
 
The bottom line is this:
 
It (Microsoft Office 2007 - All versions) sucks.
The price sucks, the ribbon sucks, compatibility sucks, It just sucks.
I hate it when a big company like this pillages us and collapses our wallets just because their last product (remember Vista?) tanked.
It sucks too.
They took a pretty good product that took them more then ten years to get right and screwed it up royally.
 
You may as well get used to it though, if they cared what we thought they would spend the money making what they already have better and not force feed us this crap to have to stop and learn all over again.
 
It may be a better piece of software, but I don't have the time to stop everything and learn all I know all over again just so they can make more money.
 
What the Hell is a ribbon anyhow ? That sucks too.
 
Another wonderful product from Microsoft.
 
Oh and by the way ? Microsoft suc.....
 
 
Thankx for reading my rant ! 
 
bigmike
 
Visit my blog online at http://bigmikerant.blogspot.com/  
 
I encourage you to leave your own comments or reactions to my rants (even if you don't agree with me) in the comments section on each post.
 
Check out my business at http://answrtek.com
 

1 comment:

  1. You think I don't know this? I've been having to deal with it sense the school decided to "upgrade" to the 2007 model. Believe me, ALL of the 2007 versions got royaly sacked. ANOTHER stupid move on their part.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.