The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

.......And the Headlines said " OBAMA Wins !" The youtube debate !

.......And the Headlines said " OBAMA Wins !"
 
Note ** There is a few youtube links in this Rant. If they don't click, just copy and past them in a browser that can play youtube video files. All of them are from the youtube site.
 
I woke up on the morning of November 5th, 2008 and Obama won the election.
 
Was I sad? Was I angry? Was I depressed? Am I indignant? Am I bitter?
 
The answer to those questions and every one like them is No
 
I am not. I am an American. I participated, I voted, I made my choice, I advanced my ideals and I was outnumbered.
 
This time.
 
Obama will be president for 8 years, mark my words.
 
Nobody could fix this mess in 4 years, trust me.
 
The reason is very simple. Stunning simplicity in its formation and irreversible in its logic.
 
It's a great day in America Everybody ! Why ?
 
The fact is, he (Obama) is a Democrat, and I am not. Mathematically and logically 1 out of 2 had to win. One wins and one loses. That is the promise of American politics. Always has been and always will be. The fact is though that more people voted in this election cycle than had voted in any of the past 5. More first time voters actually registered and then voted than any other point in history. The only demographic group McCain won totally on election day was Male, White , 64 plus years of age. Live to fight another day. Get over it. Stay focused on today.
 
Bush was not a poor President the whole time he was in office. He was right for a part of the time. I would argue we needed somebody just like him at a certain point in our history. His time is now past, but we needed him just the same. Bush was the right guy at the right time in our history for 2 or 3 years after 9-11. We needed a tough guy to say , "This is BS and we are not gonna take it." At that singular point in time, I was never prouder of an American president who said "Bring it on". I was never prouder of an American President who while touring and climbing over the rubble at ground zero, heard a firefighter say "Mr. President, We can't hear you", to which he responded with a bullhorn " Well I can hear you, and soon the whole world we hear all of us!", or something like that. You tube link of that moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiSwqaQ4VbA
 
After that we lost our way (as Republicans) . Just about when he landed on the carrier and pronounced an end to major combat operations in Iraq, proclaimed "Mission Accomplished " , and put some idiot named L. Paul Bremmer in charge of rebuilding Iraq (who screwed the pooch in a very, very big way ), is when we forgot what the hell we were trying to accomplish as a nation.  What were they thinking ? AAARRRGGGHHH !!!
 
We didn't win this election and lost seats in Congress because we deserved to lose. The best we could offer America was attack ads, pit bulls and My Friends.
The candidates were a bunch of do nothing same as always , elitist, professional politicians who couldn't put together an effective message, execute an coherent strategy and did not have the ability manage the events in any tactical sense of the word. We blew it.
 
I think that you live in the moment. Sometimes those are great moments in our history.
All are monumental and defining points in American History.
Some good, some great, some notorious, and some pretty stupid things said by some pretty smart people.
 
I voted for Clinton twice. Why? For the exact same reason I voted for Bush twice.
 
Who were my choices when Bush ran ? Al Gore and John Kerry?
 
That's the best you could do?
 
Who were my choices when Clinton ran ? George H.W. Bush (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP9_kkzfN-w) and  Bob Dole?
 
Jesus get a grip ! I couldn't imagine somebody saying the 6 scariest words in America " Ladies and Gentlemen, President Al Gore. "
 
A couple though are imbedded in our psyche and are pretty awesome.
I profess to be a Republican, but not one cut from the crazy cloth of the right wing Neo-Conservative branch of my party. I'm not cut from the can't make a decision elements in American politics either. I'm not a religious nut or a gun nut or a zealot. I generally vote for the candidate, sometimes it is a republican , but not always.
 
Fact is my candidate this time was Fred Thompson.
 
He didn't make the cut.
 
I have an opinion and am not afraid to express it.
 
A lot of facts played into Obama's win, and win he did.
 
"Win big he did", is what Yoda would say.
 
Convince, Overwhelmingly and Stunningly. 
 
John McCain ran and he lost. 
 
Convince, Overwhelmingly and Stunningly. 
 
I didn't vote for Obama, but he is now my President too.
 
Criticize him, but understand you'll probably piss me off if you make fun of America in the process.
 
Just so we understand each other. !
 
P.S. - I hope he gets it right.
 
 
 
 
Thankx for reading my rant ! 
 
bigmike
 
Visit my blog online at http://bigmikerant.blogspot.com/  
 
I encourage you to leave your own comments or reactions to my rants (even if you don't agree with me) in the comments section on each post.
 
Check out my business at http://answrtek.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.