The Preamble to the Constitution

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Thursday, January 5, 2006

Politicians are a tremendous waste of time

I don't get politicians. Seems to be a little crazy to aspire to want to be one. Our whole system is screwy if you think about it.

I mean, look at the whole thing in this perspective. The average politician in Washington (the ones in politics that are elected) makes about 125,000 dollars a year. The average term of office is about 4 years. The average political campaign costs about 12.5 million dollars to successfully get elected.

So their aspiring to office, to make 125 G's a year, and spent 3.125 million dollars per year in office just to get the job? And these guys and girls are in charge of my money?

And somehow I am supposed to believe that they are "Serving the public good"? I am supposed to believe they are serving me? I think I'll just keep believing they are all crooks. Somebody tell me you would spend that kind of money to get a job? And now I am not supposed to believe that the reason they are in the "game" has nothing to do with a political after life. I hear Bill Clinton gets $40,000 for a twenty minute speech. Sweet deal if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (Keep it clean and I will publish it.) I fully support the 1st and 2nd amendments. Nasty comments and SPAM are deleted.